Tanzania offers a number of natural resources which provide plenty of Raw Materials for the Manufacturing Sector.
Through the EPZ and SEZ licenses, an Investor can establish Industrial parks, logistics centers, motor vehicle and motorcycle assembly plants, spare parts production facilities, pharmaceutical industries, Production of construction materials such as ceramics and cement, Development of iron and steel industries, Agro-industries and Agro-processing to add value to agricultural, livestock, forestry, fisheries products, Sugar industry, edible oil production, food, beverages manufacturing, processing, and preservation of meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, oils, Manufacture of dairy products; manufacture of grain mill products, starch products, and prepared animal feeds, Manufacture of other food products (e.g. bread, sugar, chocolate, pasta, coffee, nuts, and spices), The manufacture of bottled and canned soft drinks, fruit juices, beer, and wines.
Tanzania has access to African and global markets through free trade agreements, including:
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) with a market of 492M
- East African Community (EAC)with a market of over 185M
- Tripartite Free Trade Area Agreement (COMESA EAC SADC) with a market of 600M
- Continental Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
- Cotonou Agreement established with the EU through Everything but Arms (EBA) and conclusion of EPA
- World Trade Organization (WTO) Declarations
- Access to the US markets under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).