- Acquire land in its name and lease or issue derivative rights to investors or erect thereon industrial and commercial buildings and lease such buildings to investors.
- Provide basic infrastructure for purposes of operations in the EPZ or SEZ. The Authority is required by law to establish and regulate appropriate industrial and commercial parks to enable faster set up of EPZ and SEZ investments. The development of infrastructure is undertaken by EPZA in collaboration with the private sector. Infrastructure opportunities range from development of privately owned industrial and/or commercial parks to various forms of Public Private Partnerships (PPP) with EPZA. Once such infrastructure is developed it is gazetted as an Export Processing Zone as Special Economic Zone and thereafter the Developer may sublease or sell factory space or serviced land on commercial basis to EPZ or SEZ Users.
- Provide utilities and a system of sewerage and drainage and removal of refuse and west for the benefit of EPZ or SEZ; and also provides pre and after care services that include provision of guidance and comprehensive information about the establishment of SEZ and EPZ investments in Tanzania. The Authority facilitates investors in obtaining factory space or serviced land in or outside the existing industrial/commercial parks; company registration process; administrative procedures in getting tax incentives and in obtaining visas and work permits. The Authority also assists investors in logistics for clearing and forwarding of merchandise at the ports; provision of useful contacts of key public and private organizations; identification of potential suppliers and partners for joint ventures as well as in post-investment support. These services are offered under the one stop service centre at EPZA office in Dar es Salaam.
- Prepare national and international programmes for appropriate promotion of EPZ and SEZ Schemes
- Insure the provision of security and surveillance, property and equipment maintenance and availability of restaurants and food services
- Provide commercial information for the benefit of the investors in the EPZ and SEZ; EPZA provides reliable and relevant information to investors to assist them in establishing their investments in Tanzania’s SEZs. Such information includes available investment opportunities; market information and other information related to SEZ investments
- Provide any other public utility as may be necessary for the betterment of operators and investors within the EPZ and SEZ
- To Issue EPZ and SEZ license. EPZA is mandated by law to issue EPZ and SEZ licenses. These licenses are synonymous with the business licenses issued by Local Government Authorities and other Regulatory Authorities. Once an Investor obtains the SEZ license, he or she does not require any other license except for highly regulated industries like food and drugs