Eligibility Criteria and Licensing Procedures
A. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR EPZ LICENSING
- New Investment
- Minimum annual export turnover of US$ 100,000 for local investors and 500,000 for foreign investors
- At least 80% of goods produced must be exported
B. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SEZ LICENSING
- New investment
- Minimum capital of US$ 100,000 for Local investors and 500,000 for Foreign Investors
- The investment must be located within the Special Economic Zones parks
C. LICENSING PROCEDURES
- The investor makes an inquiry with EPZA to confirm investment procedures, eligibility criteria as well as the availability of factory space or serviced land.
- Investor incorporates SEZ Company, locates premises or land, and obtains an environmental approval appropriate to the nature of the project.
- The investor submits a project proposal and completed the application form.
- EPZA evaluates the project proposal and provides the investor with a letter of approval.
- In case the Investor is asking for Zone development, EPZA will facilitate a declaration of land, which is approved by the Minister for Industry and Trade.
- Upon completion of the above-mentioned steps, the Investor will be able to start his operations. In practice, the above processes take a maximum of 14 working days
D. Checklist when applying for Developer License
- Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association/Charter/Constitution
- Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation of the Company.
- Detailed Export Business Plan by products, Markets and Others.
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Report (Obtained from NEMC
- Copy of Receipt of Initial Fees i.e. a one-time (non-refundable) application fee
- Copy of Receipt of Site Inspection fee
- Copy of Lease Certificate/Title Deed (for Operator & Service Provider).
- Filling the EPZ/SEZ investment application form
- Architectural drawings/design of proposed industrial shed(s)/facility(s). and Work Plan.
- Introductory bank letter or current Company’s bank statement
- Submission of a brief application letter